Friday, June 29, 2007

NBA Draft

I love the NBA Draft. I just wish that the TNT crew did the draft show so Charles Barkley would be involved. In fact, the announcers should be Barkley, Kenny Smith, Stephen A. Smith, Dick Vitale, and Ernie Johnson. I'd TiVo the draft to hear those guys talk, but I'd keep the volume down.

I love the Oden/Durant debate. It's like Jordan vs. Olajuwon- you're going to win with either of those guys.

I love that Rice's Morris Almond was picked ahead of anyone from Duke.

I love the random foreigners who scored 9 points a game in a European "B" league. Especially when they get guaranteed money.

I love when head cases like Sean Williams get picked when they couldn't stay on their college teams. Especially when they get guaranteed money. Maybe Eddie Griffin will help coach Williams.

The one thing I would like to see the draft people do is a 5/10/15 year retrospective. It would be nice to hear what the experts were right and wrong about at different stages. That way, we can find out if the experts are really experts.

No comments: